SHARE
Broos led Cameroon to AFCON 2017 glory in February.
Egypt has rescinded it’s decision not to bid to host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, AOIFootball.com can report.
The Egyptian FA had said earlier that it would not go toe to toe fellow Maghreb nation Morocco who are also bidding to host, but with CAF President Ahmad Ahmad expected in the country later on Thursday, Egyptian Sports Minister Ashraf Sobhi revealed to the press that the country will await their meeting with CAF and would make a formal announcement before the expiration of Friday’s deadline.
“We are waiting for the Egyptian Football Association chief, Hani Abou-Reida to contact CAF’s president to discuss the matter. Egypt is capable of hosting this event; the country has staged many international tournaments before,” Sobhi said.
Initial hosts Cameroon were last month stripped of the rights to host after CAF cited delays in its preparations for the expanded 24-team tournament.
Reports suggest however that Morocco were favourites to replace Cameroon but its sports minister denied on Wednesday that the North African country had any intention to bid for the biennial tournament’s hosting rights.
South Africa is also on the waiting cards, having also hosted the competition in 2013.

LEAVE A REPLY