Super Eagles’ and Leicester City midfielder, Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi has continued to hit the headlines across the globe after being named second joint best tackler in Europe, AOIFootball.com reports.
The 21-year-old, who is by far the best tackler in the English Premier League with a combined tackle of over a 100 balls won, is rated just behind Verona midfielder Bruno Zuclini according to stats provided by whoscored.com.
Ndidi is the only English Premier League player in the top ten and is level on rating alongside Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro on 4.2 tackles per game.
The Nigerian midfielder has started in all Leicester City’s 27 league matches this term, featuring at the central midfield 22 times and the defensive midfield role 5 times.
Top 10 best tacklers in Europe.
1. Bruno Zuculini (Verona) 4.3
2. Casemiro (Real Madrid) 4.2
3. Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City) 4.2
4. Felipe Luis (Athletico Madrid) 3.9
5. Saul Nigues (Athletico Madrid) 3.9
6. Ruben Perez (Leganes) 3.9
7. Adama Mbengue (Caen) 3.8
8. Jonathan Rivieirez (Metz) 3.7
9. Fabinho (Monaco) 3.6
10. Douglas Santos(Hamburg) 3.6.