Bafana Bafana Coach, Stuart Baxter has named a 23-man squad to face Nigeria in a crucial 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier on Saturday, 17 November 2018 at FNB Stadium, Soweto, AOIFootball.com reports.
Notable among the 23 invited players is on-loan Brighton of England forward, Percy Tau who was instrumental in the first leg in Nigeria last year, Strasbourg FC of France forward Lebo Mothiba, whilst veteran goalkeeper Itumeleng Khune also makes the cut.
The squad, largely dominated by home-based players, with only four playing outside South Africa, has 3 goalkeepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 attackers.
Having beating Nigeria 2-0 in the first leg in Uyo last year, South Africa will be hoping to claim their first ever double against Nigeria when both sides clash this month.
Nigeria currently leads Group E with 9 points, one ahead of South Africa who is second.
The Super Eagles will qualify if they avoid defeat in Johannesburg whilst a loss will mean they must win their final game against Seychelles next year to ensure they return to the continental stage.
- Itumeleng KHUNE Kaizer Chiefs FC (SA)
- Ronwen WILLIAMS Supersport United FC (SA)
- Darren KEET Bidvest Wits FC (SA
- Ramahlwe MPHAHLELE Kaizer Chiefs FC (SA)
- Motjeka MADISHA Mamelodi Sundowns FC (SA)
- Siyanda XULU Maritzburg United FC (SA)
- Thulani HLATSHWAYO Bidvest Wits FC (SA)
- Innocent MAELA Orlando Pirates FC (SA)
- S’Fiso HLANTI Bidvest Wits FC (SA)
- Buhle MKHWANAZI Bidvest Wits FC (SA)
- Thamsanqa MKHIZE Cape Town City FC (SA)
- Vincent PULE Orlando Pirates FC (SA)
- Lebogang MABOE Mamelodi Sundowns FC (SA)
- Hlompho KEKANA Mamelodi Sundowns FC (SA)
- Fortune MAKARINGA Maritzburg United FC (SA)
- Teboho MOKOENA Supersport United FC (SA)
- Samuel MABUNDA Mamelodi Sundowns FC (SA)
- Thembinkosi LORCH Orlando Pirates FC (SA)
- Thulani SERERO SBV Vitesse FC (Netherlands)
- Themba ZWANE Mamelodi Sundowns FC (SA)
- Lebo MOTHIBA Racing Club De Strasbourg FC (France)
- Dino NDLOVU Zhejiang Greentown FC (China)
- Percy TAU Royal Union Saint FC (Belgium)